- Firearms Rights
As someone who was raised hunting and shooting on my family farm, I am a staunch proponent of
the right to bear arms as guaranteed under the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution.
- Nursing homes represent more than 1 in 4 COVID-19 deaths
On June 18, 2020 the Associated Press analyzed data and released information claiming that nursing home residents account for nearly 1 in 10 of all the COVID-19 cases in the United States and more than a quarter of the deaths.
- Akron, Ohio- Man killed in motorcycle crash identified as St. Vincent-St. Mary High School graduate
A 26-year-old man was killed in a motorcycle accident at Interstate 277 west and Interstate 76 east.
- Clayton, OH – Early Morning Car Accident
The Ohio State Highway Patrol (OSHP) was called to the scene of an accident in Clayton on Monday morning when a car with four teenagers hit a tree.
- Dr. Amy Acton has stepped down as Health Director
On June 11, 2020 Dr. Amy Acton stepped down as Health Director.
- Akron, OH –
A 27-year-old man was killed in a single vehicle rollover crash in South Akron.
- COVID-19 nursing home deaths reach 1,641
On June 4, 2020, it was reported that another 199 Ohio nursing home patients have died with COVID-19. Ohio reported Wednesday night in its first long-term care facility update in a week, totaling 1,641 deaths and 71% of deaths due to COVID-19.
- Nursing Home COVID-19 Review: Pebble Creek Healthcare Center
So Ohioans can become more informed about nursing homes and COVID-19, we are reviewing data collected by the State of Ohio concerning the total number of cases at nursing homes and the overall rating given to the home by Medicare. Today we spotlight Pebble Creek, located in Akron, Ohio.
- Akron, OH – Nursing Homes Violated Basic Health Standards, Allowing COVID-19 to Explode
On April 24, 2020, it was reported that nine nursing homes violated basic health standards which put residents in immediate jeopardy of COVID-19.
- Columbus, OH – State of Ohio’s Daily COVID-19 Update:
see the below for Governor Mike DeWine’s daily update: